PHOTO CONTEST GUIDELINES
• One contestant, one photo entry
• Entries must be relevant to the theme: “Our organic farmers and fisherfolks: Our heroes and our hope for a sustainable future” in the Philippine setting. The photo should depict a farmer in action on the field/farm. ENSURE that the photo depicts a farmer practicing organic agriculture and the caption should clearly state so.
• Photos submitted shall be straight out of the camera. Basic editing such as cropping and brightness adjustments must only be done from the camera. The use of editing software such as Photoshop is not allowed.
• Black and white/monochrome photos are not allowed.
• Photos submitted must be in JPEG format (high resolution, preferably 300dpi) with a maximum file size of 20MB but not less than 3MB. Less than 3MB file size will automatically be disqualified.
• Photos must NOT have been submitted in any previous contest. It should have also been taken after the announcement of the contest. Recycled photos are prohibited.
• The entry must not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. This means that the photo must not contain any copyrighted material, trademark, watermark, or logo of another company.
• By submitting the photography entry, consent, and permission are given to Naturland e.V in the Philippines on the right to own and use all the photographs submitted without any compensation.
• Naturland reserves the right not to accept entries that are deemed irrelevant to the theme of the contest.
PRIZES AND AWARDING CEREMONY
There will be no awarding ceremony. Instead, the winners will be announced on the Naturland’s Facebook Page while their entries are posted on the same.
- First Prize: Php 5000.00
- Second Prize: Php 3000.00
- Third Prize: Php 2000.00
- Consolation Prizes: Php 1000.00 each
• There is no registration fee to join the contest.
• To join, contestants must submit their entries (photo and caption in Microsoft Word) to the Secretariat email: email@example.com. Include your last name and “NATURLAND PHOTO CONTEST” in the subject (example: Maches – NATURLAND PHOTO CONTEST).
• Only entries submitted via email shall be accepted. Entries submitted through other means are automatically disqualified.
• The deadline for entries is on or before October 13, 2023.
• Contestants shall submit the photo entry with the following information:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Photo Caption (3-5 sentences in English or Filipino) written in Microsoft Word
- Exact location and date of Photo taken
• Naturland assures the contestants that all sensitive information provided will be confidential.
• All contestants are required to like the Naturland Philippines Facebook Page, follow the Naturland Philippines’ Instagram Account, and subscribe to the Naturland Philippines YouTube Channel. Links are as follows:
- Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/naturlandphilippines
- Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/naturland_philippines/
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@naturlandphilippines
PHOTO SCREENING and FINAL JUDGING
• Submitted entries shall be shortlisted by the Naturland e.V. in the Philippines’ Photography Contest Committee (PCC).
• The PCC may reject or disqualify any photo that:
- Includes subject matter or material that is unlawful, obscene, offensive, inappropriate, false, or misleading;
- Depicts or condones the consumption of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or the use of weapons or firearms; and
- Violates copyright laws, intellectual property rights, and any other rights of third parties
• The shortlisted entries will be notified by the PCC through email, text, or call and will be posted on the official Naturland e.V. in the Philippines Facebook Page. The tentative date for the announcement of winners is October 27, 2023.
• The shortlists will be judged as follows:
- Content relevance to the Theme: 50%
- Originality and Artistic Value: 20%
- Visual Impact and Quality: 20%
- Social Media Reach and Engagement: 10%